Bus Error on MPC8313

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Sat Nov 14 06:57:52 EST 2009

Ron Madrid wrote:
> [...]

Hmm, for some reason e300c3's cputable entry has no machine_check field,
while all the other e300s point to machine_check_generic.

> And when this
> does happen in usually causes a lockup, so I haven't been able to check the
> status of any arbiter registers.

The system is up long enough to print an oops; you could stick some
output in the trap handler.

>> Is this custom driver using the localbus, and are there any
>> NAND operations going on at the same time?
>
> This driver does use the localbus.

OK, check the localbus error registers as well.

> It seems to happen (when it does) when
> performing an access to our FPGA that is connected via UPM on the localbus.
> I do not know if there are any NAND operations going on at that same time.
> If there are, they are not being directly caused by any of my apps or
> driver calls.

Are there any filesystems mounted on NAND?  There are some issues with
transactions timing out if there's contention with a long-running NAND
operation.

-Scott