[powerpc] Next tree Nov 2 : kernel BUG at mm/mmap.c:2135!

David Gibson dwg at au1.ibm.com
Fri Nov 13 12:37:29 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 04:46:40PM +0530, Sachin Sant wrote:
> David Gibson wrote:

> >>Problem exists with today's next as well.
> >>
> >>Likely cause for this problem seems to the following commit.
> >>If i revert this patch the machine boots fine.
> >>
> >>commit a0668cdc154e54bf0c85182e0535eea237d53146
> >>powerpc/mm: Cleanup management of kmem_caches for pagetables
> >
> >Ugh.  Ok, it's not at all obvious how my patch could cause this bug.
> >Can you send your .config?
> >
> Still present in today's next.

Sorry, I've been sidetracked by other issues and have only managed to
look into this today.  My initial attempts to reproduce the bug with
your config on both POWER6 and POWER5+ have failed though.

Is it possible to get the complete boot log from this system - not
just the [cut here] section around the BUG()?  This should help to
determine exactly when during boot the bug is being triggered.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson