Wrong looking statement in cpm_common.c

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed May 27 08:22:17 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 17:15 -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 12:56 -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> >> Any suggestions for how to do it properly?
> >
> > ioremap ? :-)
>
> Does ioremap work that early?

It works very early on ppc32 but maybe not -that- early... It works from
start_kernel on. You might be able to do the ioremaps in machine_init
(provided LMBs are up) but they won't be "effective" until MMU_init
returns, but then, neither will setbat anyway.

However, since that's the only user of setbat I can still find and we
want to replace that with something saner, I'd rather kill it.

Ben.