U-boot and linux command line parameters

Mirek23 miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Mon May 25 07:38:52 EST 2009

Dear All,

I use linux kernel 2.6.23 and u-boot 1.2.0 (on ppc405 virtex-4 ) for  some
time. All works fine when the
kernel together with initramfs is smaller than 8MB. If it is bigger than the
kernel does not boot properly.

First of all I would like to know how the address for the linux command line
parameters is "transferred" from u-boot to linux for ppc405 (virtex4 chip)?
(via some registers or is it  a fixed address in the memory ie. 8MB?)
Does somebody know what should be changed, in the kernel,  in order to move
this limitation from 8MB to let say 12MB? I would be grateful for any hint.

Thanks in advance.
M.