PPC405EX based irq flooding with USB-OTG and usbserial device

Hunter Cobbs hunter.cobbs at gmail.com
Sun May 24 04:50:03 EST 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Hunter,
>
> In message <ad84a70a0905222048i4e7ae5ddp66418f96d531f5f3 at mail.gmail.com>
> you wrote:
> >
> > This is my first post to the PPC dev list as my company has just started
> > developing a new project based on Linux.  The good news is, this post is
> not
> > debug-related as much as it is an introduction and query while I download
> > the latest DENX kernel(only place I know that has the DWC_OTG driver).
>
> there is a strong reason why we decided  not  to  try  to  push  this
> driver  upstream:  it  is not in a state that would have a chance for
> being accepted for mainline. The problems you  are  experiencing  are
> probably   not   the   only  one.  Please  consider  this  driver  as
> unsupported.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> "Ada is PL/I trying to be Smalltalk.                 - Codoso diBlini

Which leads me to another question.  Since I should consider this
unsupported, is there a better driver out there as my company is already
well down the road with our design?  Or would you recommend just creating
our own driver for the USB-OTG?

I'm developing with the Kilauea, and I guess I should ask how unstable is
Linux support for this Processor.
--
Hunter Cobbs