PPC405EX based irq flooding with USB-OTG and usbserial device

Hunter Cobbs hunter.cobbs at gmail.com
Sat May 23 13:48:40 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the PPC dev list as my company has just started
developing a new project based on Linux.  The good news is, this post is not
debug-related as much as it is an introduction and query while I download
the latest DENX kernel(only place I know that has the DWC_OTG driver).

I've been working with a Kilauea dev board and have had lots of trouble when
I plug in a sierra-wireless modem dev kit on the USB.  It goes fine untill I
actually try to communicate(pppd or minicom) with the little bugger and then
my IRQs go through the roof.  And they only calm back down after I shut down
my communicaiton channel.

I've solved this issue with our board, and was wondering if it has since
been fixed (I'm running 2.6.25-DENX).  I don't want to waste the board's
time with a patch that is no longer necesarry.

--
Hunter Cobbs