mpc5200 fec error

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Thu May 21 03:57:06 EST 2009

> Yes, that sounds familiar.  Most likely, the value of the MDIO bus
> control register got clobbered and not reset when the FEC was reset.

I recall that I wondered about the RFIFO-error case back then. The manual states

===

Receive FIFO Error - indicates error occurred within the RX FIFO. When
RFIFO_ERROR bit is set, ECNTRL.ETHER_EN is cleared, halting FEC frame
processing. When this occurs, software must ensure both the FIFO Controller and
BestComm are soft-reset.

===

It does not say that the whole FEC needs to be reset. (BTW doing a full FEC
reset in IRQ context caused OOPSes back then, have to dig up details, as it
doesn't seem to happen here...)

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |