Q: MTD RAM in OF Device Tree

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Tue May 19 21:59:00 EST 2009

Hi all,

is there a standard way to define a ram chip (in my case a battery-buffered nv ram, attached to the 5200's Local Bus) in the OF tree, and are there any drivers (on 2.6.29.1) which pick up the chip/partition specification for mtd?  Does such a driver exist, or do I have to write one (probably based on plat-ram.c?)?  I think of something like

localbus {
	[...]
	ranges = < 0 0 0xfe000000 0x02000000
		   1 0 0xfc000000 0x00080000>;

        flash at 0,0 {
		[flash definition & partitions]
	};

	nvram at 1,0 {
		compatible = "mtd-ram";
		reg = <1 0x0 0x00080000>;
		bank-width = <2>;
		device-width = <2>;
		#size-cells = <1>;
		#address-cells = <1>;
		part at 0 {
			label = "pdata";
			reg = <0x00000000 0x00080000>;
		};
	};
};

Thanks,
Albrecht.

Arcor.de Gaming Area - kostenfrei daddeln bis der Arzt kommt!
Jetzt checken und aus über 80 Spielen wählen!
http://www.arcor.de/footer-gaming/