Having a hell of a time with spidev and spi_mpc8313

Joaquin Luna Joaquin.Luna at jdsu.com
Wed May 13 06:39:33 EST 2009

I have a device that I need to access via SPI.  I am running 2.6.27 on
the MPC8313.  I have configured the kernel with both CONFIG_SPI_MPC83xx
and CONFIG_SPI_SPIDEV.  I hand made a character device with a major
number of 153 and a minor number of 0.

I need some guidance on how to make the SPI slave table, and where to
put the code that connects this to my device file.  Also, I am not
seeing the "%s: MPC83xx SPI Controller driver" print out at boot up, is
this a problem?

- Joaquin Luna