device trees.

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Tue May 12 01:52:30 EST 2009

> You *could* generate the device tree dynamically, but I think that is
> a path of diminishing returns considering that generating a .dts at
> the same time as bitstream creation time is cheap and it is small.  At
> one time Steven Neuendorffer was playing with a scheme to preload a
> section of BRAM with a gzipped .dtb so that the correct device tree is
> always present.  I really liked the idea, and I'd like to try to
> pursue it.

In fact, the code to do this should still be floating around
git.xilinx.com, although someone would likely have to bring it up to the
current kernel versions.
My intention was to treat it as two independent configuration options:

1) .dtb location is in BRAM
2) .dtb is passed compressed (regardless of location)

Steve