device trees.

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Mon May 11 16:32:04 EST 2009

    I will have to look at the code referenced below,

    But my objective is not to address partial reconfiguration at this time.
    At Pico we have come to the conclusion that as it is currently done
partial reconfiguration has extremely limited use.
    We are actively looking at other techniques as well as different
FPGA technology to impliment usable equivalents.

    But partial reconfiguration is not the only way to encounter a
dynamic environment.
    A typical pico system has multiple bit files and multiple
executables stored in its flash file system.
    Power up and soft resets might each run through a different sequence
of bit files and executables.

    My issue is that post 2.6.26 unless I can dynamically create the
device tree inside our monitor/bootloader
    we must at minimum have a different device tree for each bitfile, or
worse if we wrap the device tree into the executable,
    a different linux executable for each bit file.
    We are very actively headed in the opposite direction. It is my/our
intention to have a single linux executable that works accross
    everyone of our cards and everyone of our bitfiles.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein