device trees.

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sun May 10 06:51:35 EST 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM, David H. Lynch Jr. <dhlii at dlasys.net> wrote:
>    Is there an example somewhere that shows building a device tree on
> the fly ?
>
>    As our products move forward it becomes increasingly clear that
> static configurations are not going to work.

Knowing your history, I assume you're talking about FPGA device trees
here.  Are you doing partial reconfiguration at runtime?  Or are you
talking about generating a device tree to match the FPGA design?

For the later, there is a tool which works with EDK to generate a
device tree based on an EDK design.  You can find it on the xilinx git
server:

http://git.xilinx.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=device-tree.git;a=summary

To use device tree with partial reconfiguration would require rework
to the device tree infrastructure to prune and graft portions of the
device tree.  I think it is possible, but it is non-trivial to get
working.

Cheers,
g.

--