PPC8247 booting error

Sauce.Cheng chmhou at sina.com
Fri May 8 11:47:28 EST 2009

thanks for Scott's following

> You need to pass your physical address (0xd0000000) to ioremap() to
> obtain a virtual address that you can dereference.

actually, i have done that like you said. pass my phy addr to a virtual
addr, but i suppose it is a kernel virtual addr. i wanna get data from phy
in my application of user space. i try it by copy_to_user transfer a kernel
virtual addr to a use virtual addr for using by user. but copy_to_user
failed...

i do it like this

ssize_t read(....,char *buf,....,....)
{
      kernel_buf = (void *)ioremap(0xD0000000, 4096);
      copy_to_user(buf, kernel_buf, 4096);
}