MSR_SPE - being turned off...

Morrison, Tom tmorrison at empirix.com
Wed May 6 22:42:42 EST 2009

I'm sorry I forgot to put that, this issue was found with our
currently running kernel 2.6.23.final (what comes with the
Freescale LTIB BSP package dated 05/23/2009).

I am sorry if I don't understand your statement that the SMP might
be broken on this kernel, because I tried to analyze the kernel that
came with the latest BSP LTIB [ackage from Freescale (dated 12/18/2009
(where we got the 4.2.171 compiler from)), and the associated 'switch
context' code is exactly the same. Unfortunately, I have not started
the process of porting my current platform's BSP to this new kernel -
otherwise, I would have done the test on that platform (this also
requires a new version of u-boot in order to test correctly))..

I may have mis-interpreted something and/or I am sure I don't
understand everything about the SMP resource management (and
associated SPE management), so thank you for any insight you
may have on this front...

Tom

c>> > and see how it is done...