Need a patch tested on a windtunnel powermac

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Tue May 5 07:02:16 EST 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:30:59 +1000
Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba.org> wrote:

> Does anyone here still have a "windtunnel" powermac (PowerMac3,6)
> machine running Linux?  We need someone to test Jean Delvare's patch
> to the therm_windtunnel driver.  The patch is at:
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/26095/
>
> I don't have a windtunnel machine myself - I have a PowerMac3,5 but
> not a PowerMac3,6.

I have a dual-G4 MDD (/proc/cpuinfo says PowerMac3,6).

On:

Linux Jay 2.6.30-rc4 #1 SMP Sun May 3 16:20:08 CEST 2009 ppc 7455, altivec supported PowerMac3,6 GNU/Linux

plus the patch above seems working fine as usual: temperature reports
are written in the logs and fan speed changes correctly. therm_windtunnel
is not compiled as module. I tested it for a few hours only.

--
Giuliano.