why does ppc64 require boards to call pci_devs_phb_init()?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Fri May 1 04:04:58 EST 2009

On Apr 30, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Kumar Gala wrote:

> looking at merging this in w/ppc32 and wondering why board code has
> to call pci_devs_phb_init() and not do it via pcibios_init()
>
> - k

As I look at this a bit more, I'm thinking why don't we do:

pci_devs_phb_init_dynamic() in pcibios_alloc_controller

An add some code into pci_devs_phb_init_dynamic so we don't re-do
update_dn_pci_info if dn->data is already set.

I am not sure what impact this has ppc64 systems that call
pci_devs_phb_init()

- k