Inconsistent fsl_get_sys_freq() implementation

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Tue Mar 31 18:28:36 EST 2009

Hello,

we realized an inconsistent implementation of fsl_get_sys_freq():

http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.29/arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c#L80

For 826x and 827x boards, the function is available but it cannot be
used because the "bus-frequency" property is not defined for the SOC and
U-Boot also does not try to do a fixup. I think that's a mistake, and
the DTS files and U-Boot should be fixed, right?
Furthermore, I find the name confusing. fsl_get_soc_bus_freq() would be
more appropriate also to distinguish from the frequencies of the CPU.
And why does the MPC52xx use a different name mpc52xx_find_ipb_freq()
for that frequency? It makes support for common hardware like I2C awkward.

Thanks.

Wolfgang.