PATCH improve worst case module load times

Jianhua Ding jhding at nortel.com
Thu Mar 26 06:14:20 EST 2009

Dear Mr. Brian Behlendorf,

I have read your post about improving module load time in the following
site and
Found it very helpful.

http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-June/037641.html

I have the similar issue with Linux 2.6.14 for PPC platform. Since I
cannot find
the original patch for 2.6.14 so I just manually merge some deltas from
2.6.27.
After patch the loading time is reduced dramatically however it traps
(DSI).
I wonder if you have heard any other related issues which I missed
patch.

Thanks and best regards,

Jianhua Ding

SW engineer at Nortel

PS: Attached please find the modified module.c file for your reference.
<<module.c>>