ELDK with Xenomai for PPC

Goldberger, Yigal YGoldberger at nds.com
Thu Mar 26 04:06:50 EST 2009

Hi All,

I'll try to be as accurate as I can.
Yesterday I downloaded ELDK 4.2 from DENX site and Installed it.
I want to build a Xenomai enabled kernel.
I saw that my kernel is 2.6.24-xenomai and that's what I'm trying to build.
My target is freescale quicc II (MPC8248) and I want to start by building a Xenomai enabled kernel for a target board as close as possible to my custom board.
I know from the old build we had that the defconfig that was used to build the kernel was ads8272_defconfig ( I hope some research was done before choosing it... )
It probebly was sufficiently close since it worked fine with some configuraions and changes .

My board has 2 flash chips AMD29LV256ML (from which one is the boot memory) , 4SDRAM chips  48LC32M16A2 an FPGA from Xilinx with some logic as a peripheral device and that's about it.
It should comunicate with a host PC via Ethernet or via RS-232 serial com.

I'd like to get the following assistance :

A) help in building the kernel as is for this target board without changes .
B) hints as to how and where should modifications and changes be made to port to a custom board .

BTW :
Currently I did :
> make ads8272_defconfig
> make uImage

and I'm failing on :
  CC      drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.o
drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c: In function 'fcc_cr_cmd':
drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c:85: error: implicit declaration of function 'cpm_command'
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/fs_enet] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

Best Regards,
Yigal Goldberger.

This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only. Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message. Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored. NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free. Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

NDS Limited Registered Office: One London Road, Staines,Middlesex TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales Registered no. 3080780 VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00