suspend-to-mem on the mpc8349e-mitx-gp?

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu Mar 26 03:31:57 EST 2009

Pavel Machek wrote:
>> Pavel, what's the preferred way for current PM sub-system?
>
> If you have single sleep state, use "mem" > /sys/power/state.
>
> If you have two, use mem and standby. Do you have more?

Some of our chips have two, and some have one.  However, the sleep state
of the chips that have only one is the same as the "standby" state of
the chips that have two, not the "mem" state.  Accepting "mem" and only
"mem" for the one-state chip seems like the most confusing of the
options discussed.  There would be no consistent way for userspace to
request the milder suspend state.

-Scott