[newbie] uboot relevant !

Manish D manish2312 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 17:14:54 EST 2009

Hi all,

please bear these probably newbie questions.

I am trying to port a BSP from 2.4 to 2.6 for a mpc834x based platform.
I am building and working on the device tree now.
Is there a way build this bsp, without taking the device tree route ?
I guess not.

The uboot version i am using is old and not sure how this uboot can
pass the device tree details while booting the kernel.
Is there a way to load 2.6 kernel from this older bootloader (cuImage
?) or will i have to upgrade to a newer uboot ?

Any relevant pointers for this would be appreciated.

TIA,
Manish