2.6.29-rc7-git2 : crash in kmem_list3_init()

Sachin Sant sachinp at in.ibm.com
Thu Mar 12 23:40:10 EST 2009

Sachin P. Sant wrote:
> Mel Gorman wrote:
>>
>> Well, the machine must have started with some kernel. What mainline
>> version does that correspond to and can you bisect it?
>>
> The last booted kernel was a 2.6.25 based kernel. I am trying to find out
> the last good kernel.org kernel. I should have that information by
> tomorrow.
Sorry it took some time to get to this.

After lots of build, i found that the problem depends on PAGE_SIZE.
With 4K Page Size i was able to boot 2.6.29-rc7-git2 kernel on this
box. But with 64K page size the machine panics.

Is there any other information i could provide to find a solution
for this issue ?

Thanks
-Sachin

--