Does DRI/DRM still work on non-coherent DMA platforms?

Gerhard Pircher gerhard_pircher at gmx.net
Tue Mar 10 08:30:34 EST 2009

Hi,

I heard rumors that DRI doesn't work on SAM440EP (onboard Radeon GPU)
boards. I had DRI halfway working on my AmigaOne (Radeon 9250) with an
early release candidate of the 2.6.25 kernel and IIRC this patch here
(manually applied):
http://kerneltrap.org/index.php?q=mailarchive/git-commits-head/2008/3/30/1301044

I just tested DRI again on my A1 (I don't have a SAM board) with
v2.6.29-rc6 and the machine looks up while starting the X server.
Curiously DRI seems to work, if I specify "udbg-immortal" on the
kernel command line and enable DRM debugging.
Did anyone try out DRI on a non-coherent DMA PPC platform and can
confirm that it still works?

best regards,

Gerhard