GDB problem with Xilinx GIT Linux on Virtex5FX PPC440

Frederic LEGER frederic.leger at esisar.grenoble-inp.fr
Thu Mar 5 04:36:33 EST 2009

Hi,

At the moment I can't set any breakpoint under gdb or gdbserver on ML510 and
AVNETV5FX30T, if I set one => die "continuing...".

Everything else is OK for a while on both boards: cross-compiling, dhcp,
netperf, custom apps, .... but not debugging !

If you have a working gdb (and/or gdbserver) on PPC440 Linux , could you
please anwer this message with the following piece of information:

Board
kernel revision
kernel snapshot (day/number) used from Xilinx GIT
defconfig used
toolchain (ELDK/buildroot...)
toolchain version
location of the rootfs (ramdisk, SysACE partition, flash Uboot partition)
Type of the rootfs

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Frederic