"leds: Add openfirmware platform device support" breaks sparc

Sean MacLennan smaclennan at pikatech.com
Wed Mar 4 11:29:32 EST 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:09:06 -0800
"Andrew Morton" <akpm at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> afacit that interface is powerpc-only.

Yes it is. You might want a CONFIG_PPC with that.

It has been..... uhhhh carry the two... longer than I want to admit
since I worked on a sparc. Would GPIO based LEDS make sense on a sparc
platform? Is sparc used much in the embedded world?

If yes, the of_register_platform_driver is just a nice wrapper. It
would be trivial to either change it to work on sparc, or add the
wrapper to the sparc includes.

Cheers,
   Sean