U-Boot image

Günter Leonhardt Guenter.Leonhardt at men.de
Wed Mar 4 00:11:36 EST 2009

Hello,
I'am looking for an image to boot a embedded device with a single image.

I though the generated uImage in arch/powerpc/boot should work, but u-boot cannot but this,
because the addresses of initrd and dtb not found.

Now I'am creating the image by hand with mkimage:
mkimage -A ppc -n F302 -O linux \
		-T multi -C gzip -a 0x0 -e 0x0 \
            -d vmlinux.bin.gz:initramfs_data.cpio.gz:f302.dtb \
            uImage

This file is bootable, but I don't understand how a standard file has to be booted.

I read in th u-boot documentation about a new fileformat which is build with the dtc.

Can someone explain me the different fileforamts for booting a powerpc with u-boot?
Which is the simplest to use?

Shold I reconfigure u-boot?

Thanks for help
Günter