Can't boot 2.6.30 powerpc kernel under qemu.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Jun 30 10:23:00 EST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 06:34:06PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:

> Cool!  Is there a reason it's hidden?  (Or at least not listed in either
> vger.kernel.org's list info page

Because it's not hosted on vger :( ... I guess we're controll freaks! :D

>                                  or in the "Maling lists" page linked from
> ozlabs.org's top level web page.)

Ahh this is becuase we're currently on the process of moving the lists to
"lists.ozlabs.org", there is an alias in place so the old address still works.
So at some level it's just bad timing :(

We'll do what we can to make this easier during the transition.

>                                    Just curious, I couldn't find it when I
> looked in the obvious (to me) places.

Not to be flipant but it's in the MAINTAINERS file:

---
LINUX FOR POWERPC (32-BIT AND 64-BIT)
P:      Benjamin Herrenschmidt
M:      benh at kernel.crashing.org
P:      Paul Mackerras
M:      paulus at samba.org
W:      http://www.penguinppc.org/
L:      linuxppc-dev at ozlabs.org
T:      git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git
S:      Supported
---

> P.S.  Yes I tried google: top hit for "linux powerpc list" is penguinppc.org,
> which links to mailing lists on the right which is the ozlabs.org page that
> doesn't list linuxppc-dev.  In fact the entire first page of google hits for
> that search doesn't give a hint of the existence of that list, although some
> of the later ones might if I clicked through more of them...

Rats, not really sure what we can do about that :(

Yours Tony