Trouble "Transferring control to Linux (at address 00000000)"

Mikhail Zaturenskiy mzaturenskiy.st at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 03:12:47 EST 2009

Hi Scott,

> This isn't the denx list;
I've noticed :) but I'm still learning about this whole process so I
though I could get some general suggestions.

> what kernel version is that, and with what
> modifications from mainline?
Kernel is v2.6.30, I'm not yet familiar enough with it to know what's
been modified from mainline, just following instructions.

> Note that ep88xc.dts in mainline is intended for use with PlanetCore, which
> is what ships on that board.  You may need to make modifications for it to
> work with u-boot (at the least, the IMMR base is probably different).
Hmm, this hasn't occurred to me, thank you for pointing it out.

> Also, make sure u-boot is properly updating the memory size in the device
> tree.  Can you dump the post-fixup device tree in u-boot?
Not sure, but I'll try to find out if that's possible. It'd certainly
answer a lot of questions...

Thanks,
Mikhail Zaturenskiy