ppc405ex GPIO mapping

Cote, Sylvain Sylvain.Cote at verint.com
Tue Jun 23 01:13:41 EST 2009

Hi,

I am using kernel 2.6.25.20 on my Kilauea eval board (ppc405ex).  I want to access some GPIO's.  I have configured my u-boot to reflect what GPIO configuration I need.  I try to access my GPIO's in my driver.  When accessing GPIO's, I get this error in the kernel <<Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0xef600800>>.   0xef600800 is the base address of GPIO in the ppc405ex.

It looks like GPIO's are not mapped in my kernel.  I have tried to add this entry in my dts file (under POB0: opb ) but it does not work:

GPIO: gpio at ef600800
{
compatible = "ibm,gpio-405ex";
reg = <ef600800 00000020>;
};

Any clues on this issues?

Thanks

Sylvain C.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.