8xx: 2.4.25, fec.c, consistent_alloc and eth_copy_and_sum

Joerg Albert jal2 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 19:49:17 EST 2009

Looking into arch/ppc/8xx_io/fec.c in the linuxppc_2_4_devel git tree I wonder if it is necessary to copy every received frame from memory allocated by consistent_alloc into a socket buffer? Couldn't we let the FEC
DMA directly into the socket buffer to improve the performance?

BTW, has someone tried to implement NAPI in this driver?

Regards,
Joerg
--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss