Chipselect in SPI binding with mpc5200-psc-spi

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Jun 16 03:31:48 EST 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Kári
Davíðsson<kari.davidsson at marel.com> wrote:
> Is this true?
>
> Grant Likely wrote:
>>
>> Yes, this is right.  The psc_spi driver automatically registers all
>> spi children that it finds in the device tree onto the SPI bus.
>> Therefore registering an spi_driver() is the right thing to do.
>
> I am writing an SPI protocol driver and I find that my driver
> is never probed.
>
> I tried to add and call to of_register_spi_devices() in the
> drivers/spi/mpc52xx_psc_spi.c::mpc52xx_psc_spi_of_probe() function,
> without much effect besided that the DTS node is parsed but the driver probe
> is not called, actually it complains about a modalias for my node is
> missing.

What do you see when you look in /sys/bus/spi/devices?  You should see
a directory for your device.  What do you see in /sys/bus/spi/drivers?
 In here you should see your driver.  If they are both there, then you
just have a problem matching your driver name to the device name.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.