MPC8272- Porting HDLC driver from 2.6.14 to 2.6.27- "no_irq_chip" error

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Tue Jun 2 14:38:19 EST 2009

> I would object that you wouldn't have this problem if you weren't hard
> wiring your interrupt number and were using the device-tree properly
> instead. As to getting your patch merged, you'll have to argue with
> Scott Wood who, I think, maintains the CPM2 stuff lately.

I fully agree that the proper way is using the device tree. I can't recall
exactly why this wasn't an option to me a year ago, but I assume it had
something to do with this ugly out-of-tree-driver. I wouldn't really argue
about this patch, I just thought it might be useful as it seems there are
people trying to do the same for some reason. Then again, maybe it should be
skipped, as it makes it easier to not use the proper solution (= device tree)
:)

Kind regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |