Help, please... Multi-Media Distro for PPC?

skateaboard skateaboard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 00:33:24 EST 2009

Ok so I'm really new to this but a single line answer will do, like "One of
the best and noob friendly PPC Multi media distributors would be _________."

What I have:
A PPC ibook G3 laptop

What I need help with:
Finding a linux based multi-media workstation

Why:
I really want to become more savvy with linux and I need this element added
to my physical studio's repertoire. My artist studio needs a computer
workstation and linux seems the best way for me to go.

Specifically:
I've been searching around the web for a while now and have not yet found a
PPC optimized(or even kind-of) distro for a multi-media studio for PPC based
macs. I need some sort of:
-image, video, audio editing and layering software package.

So, Does this even exist? I've seen "Umbutu Studio"; that seems to do the
job, however I've read that it would not work with my hardware, true? or is
there a similar type package for PPC?

Thank you all so much and any input is much appreciated!

-Andrew