RAMDISK on EP88xc

Mikhail Zaturenskiy mzaturenskiy.st at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 04:50:08 EST 2009

>> After doing this testing I have a side question:
>> If I modify just arch/powerpc/configs/ep88x_defconfig, not all changes
>> are reflected in the resulting .config when i do "make
>> ep88x_defconfig; make uImage". I ended up having to modify
>> arch/powerpc/Kconfig, arch/powerpc/configs/ep88xc_defconfig,
>> fs/ext2/Kconfig and init/Kconfig to get "make ep88x_defconfig; make
>> uImage" to create a properly configured image, but this really doesn't
>> feel right. What's the proper way to set up a defconfig?
>
> What changes are you trying to make to the config, and what did you change
> in the Kconfig files?

in arch/powerpc/Kconfig:
+	config BLK_DEV_LOOP
+		tristate
+		default y

+	config BLK_DEV_RAM
+		tristate
+		default y

+	config BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNT
+		int
+		default 16

+	config BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE
+		int
+		default 32768
in arch/powerpc/configs/ep88xc_defconfig:
+	CONFIG_BLK_DEV = y
-	CONFIG_BLK_DEV is not set
-	CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD is not set
-	CONFIG_EXT2_FS is not set
in fs/ext2/Kconfig/"config EXT2_FS":
+	default y
in init/Kconfig/"config BLK_DEV_INITRD":
+	default y