RAMDISK on EP88xc

Mikhail Zaturenskiy mzaturenskiy.st at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 04:29:45 EST 2009

> If you have time, could you bisect to see when the slowdown was introduced?
>
> -Scott

Scott, I tested with kernels 2.6.28, 2.6.29 and 2.6.30 all obtained
from git.kernel.org and configured the same.
So, on my EP88xc board 2.6.28 and 2.6.29 work ok, 2.6.30 has the
slowdown issue after loading a ramdisk.

After doing this testing I have a side question:
If I modify just arch/powerpc/configs/ep88x_defconfig, not all changes
are reflected in the resulting .config when i do "make
ep88x_defconfig; make uImage". I ended up having to modify
arch/powerpc/Kconfig, arch/powerpc/configs/ep88xc_defconfig,
fs/ext2/Kconfig and init/Kconfig to get "make ep88x_defconfig; make
uImage" to create a properly configured image, but this really doesn't
feel right. What's the proper way to set up a defconfig?

Thanks,
Mikhail Zaturenskiy