ppc405ex + gigabit ethernet

LiuMing eemingliu at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 03:50:29 EST 2009

Yes. If you enable jumbo frames, the results will be definitely better. My result is with jumbo frame of 8982 enabled.

If you say your CPU is 600 MHz, I guess there is still potential for you to improve the speed. In our case we had only 300 MHz and got a similar value of yours. Of course, there are many other issues which can be enabled to improve the performance, such as interrupt coaleasing, hardware checksum processing, etc.. Since we used Xilinx FPGA with embedded PowerPC and HW TEMAC, some work can be done with FPGA hardware resources. I don't know your case and it's hard to say how can you further improve.

BR

Ming