Trouble "Transferring control to Linux (at address 00000000)"

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu Jul 2 03:04:36 EST 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 02:13:29PM +0200, Detlev Zundel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > As for my device tree, I reverted back to the original version with
> > nothing filled in and just replaced 0xfa20xxxx with 0xf000xxxx as Gary
> > suggested earlier.
>
> Would it be a problem to also dynamically fixup IMMR in the device tree
> from U-Boot?

Yes.  It can appear in multiple places in the device tree (for exmaple,
in things like the localbus and pci nodes where we have some IMMR
registers but need ranges to point outside IMMR); this introduces more
dependencies between u-boot and the input dtb than just getting the
address right in the first place.

-Scott