Dynamic-ftrace not working in PlayStation3

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat Jan 31 21:25:34 EST 2009

On Saturday 31 January 2009, Geoff Levand wrote:

> > So I take it that the above showed that the code worked for some?
>
> In my trials it blows up on the first load_module() call, and for my
> config that was usbcore:

I looked into it some more with Remis yesterday, and we got ftrace
working by building usbcore and alsa into the kernel. Incidentally,
usbcore is the largest module in this installation (~3MB), which
indicates that it is in some way either related to the size of the
module.

> This ptr of 5f666f725f726573 seems bogus.  I think this code is not
> working correctly:

This is an ascii string "_for_res", probably part of
usb_lock_device_for_reset. We saw the same behaviour, but
a different string.

	Arnd <><