2.6.28-rt on PowerPC

Steven Rostedt srostedt at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 12:51:09 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 15:21 -0800, Frank Rowand wrote:
> Steven Rostedt wrote:

> Your email can at an opportune time for me...  I was starting to try
> 2.6.28-rt on ARM and quickly came to the conclusion that the arch
> patches weren't the focus yet.  But I'm currently side-tracked with
> getting my board to even boot a vanilla 2.6.28 kernel first.  Do
> you expect to get to the arches in the next week or two?  If not,
> I may head down that path for ARM myself.

I'm going to try to apply the arch patches, but I do not have an arm
board myself. I do have a PPC64 box that works, but that's about it. I
have a powerbook too, but that box has never been able to boot an -rt
kernel. Who knows, maybe this one will boot.

I will create an rt/arm and an rt/ppc branch for the specific changes on
each. I'll try to get them next week (maybe tomorrow if things go better
than planned).

-- Steve