MPIC Timers as clocksource

Régis Odeyé regis.odeye at kontron.com
Thu Jan 29 05:14:14 EST 2009

Kumar Gala wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2009, at 8:38 AM, Régis Odeyé wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>> Is there anyone who implemented a clocksource driver
>> (drivers/clocksource) to deal with the MPIC timers especially with
>> 86xx and 85xx soc's ?
>> Regards.
>>
>> --
>
> We have some code for using the timers but not as a clocksource.. Out
> of interest why do want this?
>
> - k
We have a plan to use an external clock signal to drive those timers.
This signal is common with other boards in a same enclosure so we could
synchronize our boards with those timers.
Could you point me out to the related code even if there is some
adaptations to get a clocksource driver.
Regards.

--
Régis ODEYE

Kontron Modular Computers SA
150, rue M. Berthelot / ZI Toulon Est / BP 244 / Fr 83078 TOULON Cedex 9
Phone: (33) 4 98 16 34 86           Fax: (33) 4 98 16 34 01
E-mail: regis.odeye at kontron.com  Web : www.kontron.com