Booting uncompressed kernel image

Matteo Fortini matteo.fortini at mta.it
Tue Jan 27 21:03:52 EST 2009

You're right,
to be precise, the --no-gzip option was given to the wrapper script, the
option I gave to mkimage was -C none.

The change in the wrapper script was adding:
case "$platform" in
ubootraw)
    rm -f "$ofile"
    mkimage -A ppc -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 00000000 -e 00000000 \
    $uboot_version -d "$vmz" "$ofile"
    if [ -z "$cacheit" ]; then
    rm -f "$vmz"
    fi
    exit 0
    ;;
esac

and I called wrapper as
./arch/powerpc/boot/wrapper  -c -o arch/powerpc/boot/uImage -p ubootraw
-C "powerpc-e300c3-linux-gnu-" --no-gzip vmlinux

Anyway, I'll check the solution given by Luotao, thanks!

Regards,
Matteo