Help needed with initramfs

Jean-Michel Hautbois jhautbois at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:17:05 EST 2009

Hi everybody !

I have a working Kernel with a NFS mounted root filesystem.
I am trying to use my root file system, but with the use of initramfs.

Compiling the kernel is not a problem, but when booting, I have the
following error:

"Insufficient memory for kernel at address 0! (_start=00400000, uncompressed
size=005a0b0c)"

I understand that my load address is 0x400000 and that the image is too big,
but I can't find where this load adress is defined.
It seems (from the .../arch/powerpc/boot/wrapper file) that this adress is
calculated from the _start adress in the objfile.

Is it possible to change this adress ?
What can I do (with the idea of not reducing the size of my rootfs) ?

Thanks in advance !
Best Regards,
JM