[MPC8272ADS]Cannot start my Linux Kernel

Jean-Michel Hautbois jhautbois at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 03:27:09 EST 2009

2009/1/20 Jean-Michel Hautbois <jhautbois at gmail.com>:
> OK, I just tried a cuImage and a ramdisk without a FDT. I am starting
> to boot, but it freezes.
[...]
> Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 16256
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram rw
> PID hash table entries: 256 (order: 8, 1024 bytes)
> time_init: decrementer frequency = 25.000000 MHz
> time_init: processor frequency   = 400.000000 MHz
> clocksource: timebase mult[a000000] shift[22] registered
> clockevent: decrementer mult[666] sh�

Having a look at the arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c file, where I am
getting halted, it seems that the kernel reads the CPU frequency. Here
is my question: My board has an OSC that is 100MHz (and not 400MHz !).
I think this could be my explanation, but I can't see how I could
solve this problem...

Has anyone an idea ?
Thx & Regards,
JM