mal_probe crash

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Wed Jan 14 03:19:46 EST 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Yuri Tikhonov wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 13, 2009 you wrote:

> >> Indeed, the full 36-bit address is passed to __ioremap() via pci_ioremap_bar(),
> >> as evidenced from the additional debug output below (see [1]).
> >>
> >> As I don't have any other 3.3V PCI Ethernet cards, I plugged in a 3.3V PCI USB
> >> 2.0 card in the second PCI slot, and got a similar crash (see [2]).
> >>
> >> Are the PCI slots on the Sequoia known broken under recent Linux kernels? I've
> >> never used them before...
>
> > Hrm, something is indeed wrong, hard to say what tho. My canyonlands
> > works fine (460EPx) and I can try a Taishan one of these days (440GX
> > iirc). What is in sequoia ? I think it's a GX no ?
>
>  Sequoia is equipped with 440EPx.
>
>  I observe the 'mal_probe' crash on the Katmai board too (based on
> 440SPe):

Do PCI cards in the Katmai's PCI-X slot work?

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Techsoft Centre Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

A division of Sony Europe (Belgium) N.V.
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis · BIC GEBABEBB · IBAN BE41293037680010