[Patch 0/3] Overview, OProfile SPU event profiling support for IBM Cell processor

Robert Richter robert.richter at amd.com
Fri Jan 9 02:48:35 EST 2009

On 01.12.08 16:18:26, Carl Love wrote:
> This is a rework of the previously posted set of patches.
>
> Patch 1 is the user level patch to add the SPU events to the user
> OProfile tool.
>
> Patch 2 is a kernel patch to do code clean up and restructuring to make
> it easier to add the new SPU event profiling support.  This patch makes
> no functional changes.
>
> Patch 3 is a kernel patch to add the SPU event profiling support.

I applied patch 2 & 3 to:

 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rric/oprofile.git cell

The patches did not apply cleanly. I had to change the path to
arch/powerpc/include/asm/, fix cell/pr_util.h and did some whitespace
cleanups. Please run your tests on the cell branch.

Thanks,

-Robert

--
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.