submitted patches

Milton Miller miltonm at bga.com
Fri Jan 9 00:07:22 EST 2009

I request the following patches in patchwork be considered for 2.6.29:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/3778/
powerpc ps3: use smp_request_message_ipi

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/3780/
powerpc cell: use smp_request_message_ipi

I think they were marked changes requested becase the prereq had
requested changes.  Now the fixed version has  merged.  They still
apply cleanly.   I have no hardware to test them.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/16340/
powerpc: check crash_base for relocatable kernel

I think this simple version should be merged and sent to stable for 28.
  While Michael would like something more intellegent, I think the
simple patch should go to stable and the code can be refined in the
future.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/16606/
powerpc: use common cpu_die

This one will change a build error into a possible runtime fault.  If
such a fault can be avoided by simply using the existing generic
methods then I think it should be merged.  Otherwise, it may be
preferrable to change the config, althoguh its not obvious which
options need to be changed to avpodthe error whereas , and any fault
would require a suspend or hibernation attempt.

Except for the one deferred patch (whcih needs changes) my remaining
patches are new and I think have descriptions os to their impact.

Thanks,
milton