2.6.28 does not boot on MPC8315E-RDB, or...?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 22:54:27 EST 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Leon Woestenberg
<leon.woestenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 2.6.28 works fine here... using
>> arch/powerpc/configs/83xx/mpc8315_rdb_defconfig and
>> arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc8315erdb.dts
>> Hope this helps,
>>
> Thanks for the report, I went back to the defconfig and at least it
> gives me a partial boot:

False report. The partial boot was with a 2.6.24.7 dts, and 2.6.28 uImage.

After some experimenting, I noticed garbage on the serial port.

The pre-programmed u-boot is too old. The stupid thing is, I ran into
this earlier, the thread is here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg06551.html

I forgot I was using the second board lying around, which hadn't had
u-boot updated.

Regards,
--
Leon