PHY not found after migration of gianfar driver to an of_platform_driver

Michael Guntsche mike at it-loops.com
Sat Feb 28 05:39:39 EST 2009

Ok, I made some progress but still no fix for it.

The code fails in bus_find_device

if (match(dev, data)

returns false. Data in this case is mdio at 24520.00 or .01 depending on
the nic but the only mdio device that exists is mdio at 24520.1f which is
not the phy.
If I boot with 2.6.28.3 I see the following under

/sys/devices/platform:
fsl-gianfar.0
fsl-gianfar.1
fsl-gianfar_mdio.14
	24520:00
	24520:01

So the old code finds the PHYs and puts them in the sys-tree. With the
new code I do not have these entries any longer. I think the reason is
because the init code went from fsl_soc.c to the driver code, is this
correct?
If yes I need to figure out why the mdio at 24520.00 and 01 PHYs are not
probed/detected correctly. As always I am very grateful for some
input, hints help here. :)

Kind regards,
Michael