Two thoughts about SPI chip-selects in the DTS

Henk Stegeman henk.stegeman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:13:34 EST 2009

As far as I understand the DTS bindings now support an SPI master controller to
- use the chip-selects controlled directly by the SPI master controller hardware
or
- to use GPIO's trough gpiolib as chip selects
but not a combination of both, am I right?

Now every SPI driver needs to be adapted to provide support for using
gpios as chip-selects, Wouldn't it be possible to let the
divers/of/of_spi take care of all the work required to use gpios as
chip-selects?