PPC 405 EX USB Development

Adish Kuvelker adish.kuvelker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:45:15 EST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Also in the SETUP stage where I have set my packet size as 1, as I treat
each of this 3 stages (SETUP, DATA and STATUS) as three different
stages/transactions,  I find that the "Non-Periodic Transmit FIFO/Queue
Status Register" read as soon as I write to the "Non-Periodic Transmit FIFO
Size Register" as "0x10500fa". Before writing the value is "0x80100". Is it
fine that the bit 7 which defines the termination of channel a right thing
to happen? Secondly since i am writing 2 bytes to the FIFO why should the
"Non-periodic TxFIFO Space Avail (NPTxFSpcAvail)" bits of USB0_GNPTXSTS be
0xfa?

The FIFO to which I write:
*USB0_GRXFSIZ - 0x213            USB0_GNPTXFSIZ - 0x1000213*
The above setting mean that my Non-Periodic Transmit register starts at
0x213. So I write my data (8 byte SETUP Token Data) in the following way:
-    Write the first 4 bytes to the starting adress of  0x1000 since I am
using Channel 0  --- (*(volatile unsigned  *)(DHc->base + 0x1000 + (bEnd *
0x1000) + 0x213 + fifo_address_offset))=*((volatile       unsigned
*)pSrcBuf);
-   Then increment the "fifo_adress_offset" by 4 and write the next 4 bytes.

I think that there is some problem in the SETUP (Token) Stage. Can you
please pass any pointers over this?

Regards;
Aadish